This is one of those internet memes that’s currently infecting Facebook and elsewhere. A bit like the ‘porn star name’ meme from a while ago. I’ve rewritten the instructions slightly
CREATE YOUR DEBUT ALBUM COVER
- Go to Wikipedia. Click Random article
The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band. (alternatively, if the first article you hit is short, hit Random article two more times.)
- Go to http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
- Go to Flickr and click on Explore the last seven days. Or even better, go to the Advanced Search, and search for photos licensed under Creative Commons “to modify, adapt, or build upon”.
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
- Use Photoshop or similar to put it all together. Search for fonts on the web, or check out a site like Da Font
- Flickr photo: by gadl
- Creative Commons licence
- Wikipedia article: The Stroll
- Quotation: A friend is someone who will help you move. A real friend is someone who will help you move a body.
PS: thanks to Jack Pickard. I’d posted my album cover to Facebook, but hadn’t thought to blog it as well.